Chat with us, powered by LiveChat


Caregivers 2018-01-03T21:43:42+00:00

Live-in caregivers are considered for caring elderly, disable people or children. Live-in caregivers have to live in the private home where they undertake to work after coming to Canada.

Live-in Caregiver Program (LCP) helps Canada employers hire foreign caregivers or nannies to work in Canada by offering childcare or home support to disabled or elderly people. They can make an application for Canada permanent residence after completion of two-years work in Canada.

Canada immigration department has announced ending of the condition of live-in requirement with the exception of being an agreement for living in Canada home between the employer and the caregiver. Both the caregiver and the employer must fulfill the conditions of the Live-in Caregivers

You should possess the following—

  • A positive Labor Market Impact Assessment duly signed by the concerned employer in Canada;
  • A written contract with your prospective employer, signed by your employer and you;
  • Sufficient knowledge of French or English;
  • Completion of a secondary school education equivalent to Canadian education;
  • At least six months training or at least one year full-time paid work experience as a live-in caregiver or in any other related field/occupation(this includes six months work experience from any single employer) in last three years;
  • Criminal, security and medical clearance;

A valid Canada work permit before arriving in Canada.

Eligibility Condition of Labor Market Impact Assessment for the Employer under Live-in Caregiver Program

Employers need to make an application and receive a positive LMIA before the caregiver can get eligibility for applying for work permit under LCP.

You need to prove the following as an employer—

  • You have already made a job offer that meets the guidelines;
  • You have worked sincerely for hiring a suitably eligible Canadian by making an application for LMIA;
  • In case the caregiver is living-in, the home needs to have sufficient space;
  • You need to possess sufficient finances or funds to offer support a live-in caregiver.