Try our BC PNP Calculator
Canadian Experience Class
The ‘Canadian Experience Class’ is one of the three streams under the Express Entry system of Canadian Immigration. It is precisely aimed at applicants who have gained at least one year of skilled work experience in Canada. Since its introduction, CEC has contributed a wholesome number of quality candidates to the Express Entry Pool. In 2019 itself, Express Entry Canada issued more than 23,000 invitations through this stream (Express Entry Year Report – 2019).
Having a minimum of one year of Canadian work experience at a skilled level job is an essential requirement for this stream (What is a skilled level job?). The CRS calculator/tool helps you calculate a score to determine your Express Entry eligibility (CRS Tool). If your score matches/surpasses the current draws, Express Entry invites you to apply for this program to become a Permanent Resident of Canada.
Mentioned below are some basic requirements which determine your score and eligibility:
|Work Experience||You must have 12 months of Canadian Work Experience in a skilled job and should be:
• In NOC level O, A or B as defined by Canadian National Occupational Classification.
• For a full-time position; or equivalent time in a part-time position;
|Education||There is no minimum education requirement for this program, but you can increase CRS points by:
• Earning a Degree, Diploma or Certificate from secondary or a tertiary school in Canada.
• Getting your Education Credential Assessment report for your foreign education evaluated through a designated organization.
|Language Proficiency||You must take one of the approved language tests, i.e. IELTS, CELPIP-G, TEF Canada or TCF Canada and meet the minimum requirements according to your job skill level.|
|Other determining factors||Admissibility; Age; Marital Status; Close Relatives in Canada etc.|
Advantages of this program:
- A remarkable option for International students within Canada
- Faster processing times than paper based programs
- No limit to the number of applicants who can apply to the Express Entry Pool via the Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Fully electronic application system.