Try our BC PNP Calculator
BC Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP)
The BC Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) is a system for high-demand foreign workers, qualified entrepreneurs and international graduates to get permanent residency. The Canadian Provincial Nominee Program aims at fulfilling the shortages of skilled labour in the BC workforce.
If British Columbia PNP approves you as a provincial nominee, you and your dependents are nominated by the province to become Canada’s permanent residents.
A few advantages of this program are given below:
- Provides you with the provision for an LMIA Exempt Work Permit
- Helps applicants who don’t qualify for Federal Programs to achieve Permanent Residency through an expedited pathway.
- Allows you to stay in Canada by getting a work permit until you receive your Permanent Residency.
BC PNP works on a point-based system that determines their chances to be invited by the province to apply.
The score is constructed on several elements:
- Employment Offer
- Years’ of directly related work experience
- Highest level of education
- Language Proficiency and
- Region of Employment
If your constructed score matches/surpasses the draw, you will receive an invitation to apply from BC PNP. Use our BC PNP Calculator to know your score – BC PNP Calculator.
The British Columbia PNP is broadly divided into two categories:
- BC PNP Skills Immigration and;
- BC PNP Business Immigration
BC PNP Skills Immigration is divided into several subcategories:
International Post Graduate
This category is aimed at Master and Doctoral graduates from eligible institutions in British Columbia. A job offer is not needed in this program, but you must graduate in one of the following education fields:
- Biological and biomedical sciences
- Computer and information sciences and support services
- Engineering technology
- Health professions and related clinical sciences
- Mathematics and statistics
- Natural resources conservation and research
- Physical sciences
Skilled Worker Category
This category is intended for foreign workers with an eligible job offer in a skilled occupation, in which they have two years of work experience.
Health Care Professional Category
This category is intended for foreign workers with an eligible job offer and work experience in the health care industry. The health occupations which qualify for this program are given below:
- Nurse practitioner
- An allied health professional such as a:
- Diagnostic medical sonographer
- Clinical pharmacist
- Medical laboratory technologist
- Registered Nurse
- Registered Psychiatric Nurse
This subcategory is intended for graduates from eligible institutions within Canada. To qualify under this category, you must’ve completed your education within the past three years and have a valid job offer.
Entry Level and Semi-Skilled
This subcategory is intended for workers in long-haul trucking, food processing and valid hospitality/tourism based occupations. A permanent job offer is a must to qualify under this category with minimum nine months of consecutive work experience with the same employer.
Express Entry British Columbia
The Skilled Worker and International Graduate Category can be applied under express entry provincial nomination. EEBC connects to the Federal Express Entry System in order to process the applications at a faster pace. Eligibility under EEBC requires you to be eligible for one of the federal immigration programs:
Federal Skilled Trades Program