Try our CRS Calculator
Work Permit Extensions
Suppose you are currently working as a foreign worker in Canada. In that case, you may be eligible for changing the conditions or apply for a work permit extension if you request it a minimum of 30 days before the permit’s expiration.
This application is only valid for already existing work permit holders. To apply for a work permit, you can read more about:
- Spousal Open Work Permits
- Post-Graduation Work Permits
- Bridging Open Work Permits
- LMIA based Work Permits
- Agri-Pilot Program
- Caregiver Programs
What changes in conditions can be made in the work permits?
Foreign workers in Canada may be eligible to apply for changes in:
- The location of work
- The employer for which you can work for
- The type of work you are restricted to do
- If your current job’s pay or responsibilities change
In which cases can you apply for a work permit extension?
Foreign workers in Canada may be eligible to file for a work permit extension:
- If your job is also extended
- You are offered a new job
- You are offered to work for a new business/company
- If you were on a spousal open work permit and your spouse’s status has changed or extended
Note: Post Graduate Work Permits are not extendable in nature, and the application will fail.
Steps to apply for a Canada work permit extension or change in conditions?
|Step 1||Make sure you have access to a scanner or camera and a valid method of payment, and gather all required documents.|
|Step 2||Fill the online tool’s answers and get the document checklist to extend or change the work permit conditions.|
|Step 3||Create your IRCC account and sign in.|
|Step 4||Pay the related fees – The fee for this type of application is a minimum 155$, excluding any third-party expenses.|
|Step 5||Fill all the needed forms and submit all the documents.|
|Step 6||Wait for the approval and receive the new permit.|
|Step 7||Apply for a Visa to travel in and out of Canada if you need to.|