Complete our Assessment Form
A visitor visa provided to business visitors in Canada is also sometimes known as a Business Visa in Canada. A business visitor wants to come to Canada temporarily to grow or invest in a business or advance their business relationships within Canada.
What are the types of activities that may be conducted by a business visitor?
- Buying local goods for a foreign government or business
- Getting trained to use a Canadian product or service
- Procuring orders for any services and goods
- Attending fairs, conferences and meetings
- Training employees of a foreign company branch based in Canada
- Getting trained for a Canadian company based outside of Canada
To be able to enter Canada, you would need an eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization) or a Visitor Visa (also known as the Business Visa Canada):
A Temporary Resident Visa (TRV), or a Visitor Visa, is an official travel document that allows foreign nationals to enter Canada as business visitors, temporary workers, tourists, or students. A visitor visa is a mandatory document needed for all foreign nationals to enter Canada unless they are from a visa-exempt country.
Foreign nationals belonging to visa-exempt countries only need an eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization) to enter Canada if they are boarding a flight. If coming via sea or land, an Electronic Travel Authorization is not needed.
List of Required Documents to bring to Canada when coming on a Business Visa
A valid passport or a travel document is needed throughout your stay in Canada.
Visitor Visa or an eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization)
Any one of these is required to be able to enter Canada.
Support, Invitation or Recognition Letters
Letters of Support from the parent company and a letter of invitation from your Canadian Host Company or a Letter of Recognition provided by the Canada Border Services agency is needed.
Proof of funds
You have to show that you have sufficient funds to stay in Canada for your trip and then return.
Service or warranty agreements, or contracts if applicable. Contact details of your business host present in Canada.
Qualifications of a Business Visitor to apply for a Business Visa Canada?
- You intend to stay in Canada for less than six months
- You meet the necessary Canada visitor visa requirements
- Your main business and source of income and profit is outside of Canada
- Entering the Canadian Labour workforce is not your intent
- You should be able to provide all the needed documents for the application and to bring along when you arrive in Canada.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the validity of a Canadian business visa?
The Business visa in Canada is valid for not more than six months. You should stay for the duration mentioned in your application, even if it is less than 6 months. The Embassy may provide you with a Visa with a longer validity period, such as 10, 5, or 3 years.
Can I bring my dependents along with me to Canada on a business visa?
With a business visa in Canada, you cannot tag your dependents along with you. However, they may accompany you on the trip by applying for a Canada visitor visa.
Is it easy to get a Canada business visa?
The Canada business visa application can take up to 1-8 months to get approval. The processing time mainly depends upon your business immigration program. Where federal programs take up to 3 months on average, the time usually goes up to 8 months in provincial programs.