Complete our Assessment Form
Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada can sponsor eligible relatives to become Permanent Residents of Canada under the Family Class (FC) immigration program.
The basic requirements to sponsor relatives in Canada are:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must Prove to support the family member(s) financially and consent to support them for three years from the date their relatives become permanent Canadian residents.
- Must meet or exceed the minimum income level for this program. Married and Common-Law couples can combine their incomes by meeting this income requirement.
Following are the relatives who can be sponsored under the Family Sponsorship Canada program:
- Spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner;
- Parents or grandparents;
- Dependent child;
- Orphaned, unmarried, and under 18 years of age brother, sister, nephew, niece, or grandchild;
- Intended adopted child under 18 years of age; and
- One relative, if the sponsor has no relative listed above and no other relatives.