Request a Free Call
Canadian Citizenship is a status obtained after becoming a permanent resident of Canada for three years in the last five years.
Advantages of being a Canadian Citizen
Canadian Citizens have the right to vote for most municipal, provincial and federal elections. They can also take part in political activities happening in the country.
Access to all Jobs
Some high-security level jobs, especially government jobs, require Citizenship. These are generally well-paying jobs and have good benefits attached.
The passport of Canada is one of the strongest passports globally as it gives you the ability to travel to many countries without needing a visa. Becoming a Canadian citizen allows you to get a passport.
Citizenship passage to Children
Children born to Canadian parents automatically become entitled to become Canadian Citizens. This may also be the case if they are born outside Canada.
Eligibility to apply for a Canadian Citizenship
- You should be a Permanent Resident of Canada
- You should have a language proficiency of CLB 4 or above to prove you are fluent enough in English or French
- You must pass a Canadian Citizenship Test
- You have lived in Canada as a permanent resident for three years in the past five years before your application.
- If required, your taxes were filed for a minimum of 3 years in the past five years before your application.
- Language Test Requirement & Citizenship test only between 18 -54 years old.
- Can Apply after being physically present for 3 years in Canada as a permanent Resident in which a maximum of 1 year of temporary Resident may be calculated.
How much time does a Canadian citizenship application take to process?
A Canadian Citizenship grant takes about 12 months to process.
What are the steps to apply for Canadian Citizenship?
Obtain an Application Package
First, you need to select the specific application package for your situation and then fill the Citizen Application form Canada.
The application fees for every case is different and may contain both the processing and the ‘right to citizenship’ fee.
After filling in the needed information and paying the fees, you can submit it with all the required documents.
Citizenship Application Processing Fees
|Type of Application||Fees|
|Adult (18+) – includes the right of Citizenship and processing fee||CAD$630|
|Adult – Stateless (18 and above) - includes right of citizenship fee||CAD$100|
|Under 18 – includes a processing fee||CAD$100|